Yesterday was a really hard day. It wasn't one thing that sent me off. Instead, I think it was a combination of things. On our way to church, I saw someone drving a car just like Keith's car. Then in church we sang a song that was sung at Keith's memorial. I had grabbed one of Keith's bibles as we headed out the door yesterday. When I opened the bible during the sermon, I couldn't help but notice notes that Keith had made. It was all too much. I fought off tears as long as I could. I ended up having to walk out before church was over. When we got home, I lost it.
This is all so hard. Lately when I run into people, they say "you look great." I wish I felt great. I don't know how to explain how I feel. I know that I must "move on." In a way, I feel guilty for moving on. Maybe guilty isn't the right word. It's almost as if I'm erasing Keith from my life. His name isn't on the accounts, his clothes aren't in the dresser, his car isn't in the driveway. . . Soon I will be moving out of our house. It's like everything we shared is being taken away. I know I will always have memories and of course Lincoln, but sometimes that just doesn't feel like enough.
Monday, April 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
That sucks and I'm sorry.
I'm so sad that you are having to go through this sorrow.
Debby McCrary
Steph,
I'm always so glad to hear about your deep and continuing love for Keith. I loved him too and I never got to know you, so I'm happy that his wife loves him so hard.
You know I'm a MFT so I hope you'll excuse me if I sound like a therapist. I don't believe you have to feel guilty, either for moving on or for not being able to yet. Of course, for that matter I don't think you have to do much of anything when it comes to grief--just like you don't have to quit hurting if you broke a bone or something. Anyway . . .
This link is to an article on grieving that I think is helpful. I hope I'm not intruding too much, and Carolyn and I and our sons continue to pray for you and Lincoln.
My heart breaks for you. I don't know the words to say to bring you comfort but I will continue to pray for you.
Lori Harper
Totally stinks. Wish I could take the pain away. Praying.
Dear Stephanie,
Yep.......those hard days just jump up and grab us just when we least expect it don't they? Just when we think we're getting it togther.It's ok......just don't get caught up in feeling guilty. You have a bright future ahead of you. It's only natural to feel lonely for Keith at this time in your life because ya'll always enjoyed these triumphanta together. I know and understand. But wouldn't he be sooo proud of "his" wife? The way you have faced this challenge.He's just "beaming" right now knowing you are up for it! What a testimony to your life together! Praise God!
I'm very proud of you and will continue to lift you up in prayer from now on. I've never personally met you ,but I feel as though I've known you for a long time. God Bless you and your Little Lincoln!
In His Love,
Martha
Post a Comment