Sunday, August 26, 2007

The big day is tomorrow. I'm as ready as I'm going to be to start this school year. I met 12/14 families on Friday night at meet the teacher. That's right, I only have 14 kids right now. We're hoping it will stay that way. All the teachers stayed at about 15 last year.

Part of me is excited. It will be good to get into a routine again. I really like the girls on my team. We all get along well, so that is a huge plus too. I know it is good for me to have this social interaction. I isolated myself more that I should have when I was staying home. While I'm grateful for that time, I also know that had to come to an end. As hard as it is to step back into the world, I know that I need to take this step.

Another part of me is very sad about going back to work. Lincoln will now be spending more waking hours with his mother's day out teachers and my mom than he will with me. I've always wanted to stay home. Keith and I worked hard to get to the point where that would be possible. It stinks to have that ripped away. I won't lie about that.

As for Lincoln, he is as busy as ever! He has started actually waving his hand instead of just opening and closing his hand. He has also started to clap. He loves to close doors right now. The other day, my dad took him to Lowes. Lincoln had a blast in the kitchen department where they have the model kitchens. Lincoln ran around and opened and closed all the cabinet doors. I'll try to post a picture or two sometime soon.

3 comments:

Rebekah @ reclaimed riches said...

Although this isn't necessarily the life that you asked for, I'm very proud of the way you are living it. I KNOW the Lord will bless you throughout this school year. He will multiply your time with Lincoln and give you more and more confidence to live the life He has called you to live. Have a great first day. Your kids will have the best Kindergarten teacher ever!

Laura Scott said...

I've been checking for an update :)Wow 14 is awesome! I hope you have a great first day tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Dear Stephanie,
I'm thinking of you as you start your new school year tomorrow. What a blessing your families have for you to be their child's K teacher!
I am so very proud of you!
Your friend,
Martha