My Latest Struggle
This post has been on my heart for a few weeks. I just haven't had the energy to sit down and type it. There's something about the last few weeks of school that drains every ounce of energy from a teacher's body. But that's another post. . .
I really struggle when I see moms, with a child around Lincoln's age, who are pregnant. I'm not sure how to describe the feeling that comes over me other than to say that my heart literally aches. While I feel very blessed to have Lincoln, I can't help but wish that he would have siblings. I can't help but wish that I would get to experience the miracle of life once again without the ugly cloud of cancer over my head.
Sometimes I find myself thinking that God got me through Keith's illness and death, and now he's done. Afterall, that's how I would feel if I were in his shoes. You help someone for a while, but at some point there comes a time when you expect them to step out and do things on their own. Fortunately, that's not how God works. Philippians 1:6 says, ". . . That he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

6 comments:
You are in my prayers.
I'm so sorry....
You are so right. God's Word says that He will never leave us or forsake us. One of my favorite Scriptures that was given to me at a rough time in my life is Jeremiah 29:11-13. Read it and let it soak in. We see only the here and now. Only God knows the big picture that is your life.
Lincoln has gotten so big! May the Lord bless you mightily as you raise this precious little one!
Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
This is the verse that came to my mind when I read your entry. I wrote it BEFORE I saw shae and sissy's comment so I think this might be the verse for you for the week!
Have a great week and know that so many anonymous people are praying for you!
I wanted to say so much to you but I read this post today on another blog and decided she says it all so much better than I could.
http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com/2008/05/past-and-pitcher.html
Lincoln can and will have siblings. Don't give up on all those dreams.
My wife, 3 months from the end of her "journey", overheard me congratulating our best friends on the phone, with the news that they were pregnant with their second. (Their first was almost exactly our little guy's age.) She could hardly breathe, with her health and all... but upon hearing my end of the phone conversation, she just burst out crying. I so know that anguish you speak of. I'm so sorry.
Post a Comment