
I still need to find pillows and accessorize, but here is a picture of my bed. Not bad for $25 bucks!
I have been trying to cook one new recipe a week. I made this one tonight. It is a great summer meal-nice, light, and FAST!
1 10 oz box couscous (1 1/2 c)
salt and pepper
3 tbsp unsalted butter
2 cloves garlic, chopped
4 scallions, chopped
1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 15 oz can cannellini beans, rinsed
1/2 c fresh parsley
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
In a saucepan, bring 2 c water to a boil. Stir in the couscous and 1/4 tsp salt. Cover and let sit off heat for 5 min; fluff with a fork before stirring.
Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp of the butter in a large skillet over med-high heat. Add the garlic and scallions and cook for 30 sec. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring, until they begin to turn pink, about 3 min.
Stir in the beans, parsley, lemon juice, the remaining butter, 1 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper. Cook until heated through, 2-3 min. Serve with the couscous.

5 comments:
Looks GREAT, Steph! Don't you wish you had done it a long time ago?! :)
And I may have to try your recipe. Sounds yummy and I have shrimp in the freezer!
I love it too! Such a neat idea! What color was your dresser before?
Oh, my goodness! no one would ever know your headboard's previous life was as a front door! It looks beautiful!
Shrimp is 1 of the 4 basic food groups; I will definitely try your recipe. Great work on the projects! You're far more creative than I've been with yawn-ably boring exterior painting after repairing a leaky bay window. The new urchins have arrived at ACU & classes start Monday, complete with a new pres. ... peace
Hi Stephanie,
I am a friend of Pam Wooster.. I lost a very close friend last week and Pam was sharing your story with me..She sent me the link to your blog and come here and find that there are so many interesting things about you! I love the headboard and your thriftiness! I have been searching for the perfect thing to make a headboard out of. Mantles, doors shutters.. This came out beautifully!
It is comforting to be able to peak in the life of someone who has made it through what my friend's husband is going through right now. Thank you for sharing..
Dana Ellis
http://danaelaineellis.blogspot.com
Post a Comment